We are always looking for volunteers to support adults with physical disabilities across our network of branches. To discover opportunities in your area, please scroll through the posts below, or select your chosen region at the top of the page to view filtered results.
Fancy watching the Town?Area: Swindon Date: 15 January 2016
We have a number of members who support Swindon Town Football Club. So if you are a Robins fan and would like to assist a person with a physical disability while you both watch a home game then please get in contact with Jo Heaven, Enrych Project Co-ordinator on 07771804365 or Joanna.firstname.lastname@example.org
Cinema & Swimming volunteer neededArea: West Swindon Date: January 2016
Do you like going to the cinema or swimming? We have a lovely lady who would like to take up these activities again but is lacking confidence. If you are free on a Wednesday or one evening then please contact Jo Heaven on 07771804365 or email Joanna.email@example.com to discuss.
Do you enjoy meeting new people? Befrienders requiredArea: Loughborough and Coalville Date: 5 April 2017
Do you enjoy meeting new people? Could you spare an hour a week? Would you like to work with people with physical disabilities who may be lonely and isolated because they struggle to get out and about? If this sounds like what you are looking for then this could be the role for you.
We are looking for volunteers to act as befrienders to people with physical disabilities. You would be asked to provide one to one companionship and support to one of our clients by sharing interests, skills and hobbies with them in their own homes.
This could involve: making cards, knitting, sewing, crafts, drawing, flower arranging, organ playing, doing jigsaws and puzzles, gardening, watching films, chatting over coffee and socialising. You may also agree to take someone out on trips to eat out, go to concerts, go to the cinema, go swimming etc.
Please contact Sonia on 01530 832 926 or email her .
Oxford CityArea: Oxford City Date: 1 Aug 2017
- Would you like to improve your German, Swiss German or French whilst volunteering at the same time? A lady in Central Oxford speaks these languages fluently and she would love to converse with you and help you while you accompany her walking in local Oxford parks. This could be a super win-win opportunity.
- Kevin who lives with his young family in Blackbird Leys and is suffering from Parkinsons would love someone to help him with his painting and/or drawing for an hour or two once a week or fortnight. Kevin is still struggling a little to come to terms with his diagnosis and would appreciate somebody who will accept that on occasions life gets on top of Kevin a little and give him some support and encouragement. If you think you are that special person I would love to hear from you.
- Is Silk Painting a skill of yours? If so then would you be able to spend an hour or two once a week or fortnight helping Sue hone her skills in this regard. Sue had a bleed on the brain a few years ago now which has left her in a wheelchair and with little dexterity. Whilst in rehab she loved this new hobby and would really appreciate some help taking it up at home.
- Wayne a smashing gentleman in his mid 40s has been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease but this hasn’t dampened his zest for life. Wayne is looking for someone to help him pursue his hobby of building and flying model aircraft somewhere not too far from his home in the Cowley Road in Oxford. Can you help?
For more info, or ring 07968 350 587
South OxonArea: South Oxon Date: 1 Aug 2017
- This lady loves music and a lot of the arts and would love some company to enjoy them she lives in the Long Wittenham area.
- This gentleman with MS speaks French and loves conversation. He would like some company to go out for a coffee or just to chat in general. Didcot area.
- An elderly lady living in Thame would love some company. She is an excellent knitter and would love to meet somebody with a similar interest.
- Ray from Didcot enjoys cycling, discussing world wars, puzzles and anything to do with numbers. If you share any of these interests and could spare an hour or two a week, please do contact us.
- Adam, a young man from Didcot, would love to have company to enjoy social outings to the pub or to watch football.
- Colin from Chalgrove enjoys practical hobbies such as woodworking or working on engines. If you share these interests and have an hour spare a week, please get in touch.
- Do you love art? If so, Trevor from Wallingford would love to talk about art with you as he used to love drawing and painting but has not done any for a long time due to his disability.
- If you live in Henley, could you support John to get out and about more than he does now? He would love to be able to go out for coffee or for just a mooch about the town.
For more info, or ring 07968 350 587
Vale of White HorseArea: Vale of White Horse Date: 1 Aug 2017
- Mel in her mid 20’s and living in Abingdon has recently been diagnosed with a spine tumour which has left her blind. Nevertheless she is keen to get on with life and get some of her fitness back. Would you be free to take her to the gym for an hour or two once a week and offer some practical and emotional support whilst she is there. She is available most days and early evening? If so, please give me a call.
- Margaret living in Wantage has suffered a stroke, but is keen to get out and about for a coffee, maybe to a garden centre or for lunch. If you can spare an hour or two, once a week or fortnight I would love to hear from you.
- Volunteer wanted to take Christine (from Wantage) out for a coffee, to a local garden centre. Just to get her out of the house for a couple of hours. A trip out like this once a fortnight to give this lovely lady who has Parkinsons, something to look forward to would be wonderful.
For more info, or ring 07968 350 587
Are your boots made for walking?Area: Northampton Date: 11 December 2014
If you enjoy walking and would be happy to support a young woman with a visual impairment who is looking to step up her exercise regime we would be interested in talking to you.
This young mum would like to be able to go for a good walk, of about 2-3 miles, once or twice a week but needs someone to support her to keep her away from potential hazards. She likes walking and being out in the fresh air and this is a way of building both her confidence and fitness levels. She lives in the Northampton area and would need to fit in her walks within school hours.
If you would like to find out more please contact Angie Crashley on Tel: 01926 485469 or e-mail:
Fundraising TrusteeArea: Swindon, Wiltshire Date: 1 Feb 2016
Do you enjoy making a difference and get involved to make things happen? At Enrych Swindon & Wiltshire so do we…
We are a charity that specialises in supporting adults with a physical disability including sensory impairment to enjoy leisure and learning activities of their choice. Our aim is to act as a ‘stepping stone’ for people to regain confidence, independence, have more control in their lives and increase well-being.
The Swindon & Wiltshire branch is self-funding and has been established for 18 months and is led by a small volunteer Trustee group. Due to our success in a short period of time supporting our members across Swindon, we are now looking to recruit two additional volunteer Trustees with one having a focus/knowledge or interest in fundraising activities.
Currently the Enrych Trustees meet every 6 weeks but particularly funding work continues between meetings on a regular basis.
If you are interested in becoming a fundraising focussed Trustee to assist in grant applications, fundraising ideas and opportunities or have skills and background which you feel would suit our charity and aims please contact the branch by email where a full role description can be provided as well as an informal chat.
Email: Click to email for more information
Phone: 01608 676209
Please not this is a non-paid volunteer position of Trustee.